Complements Eight reasons you should choose a certified injector for your cosmetic procedures
As we say goodbye to 2021 and look forward to a fresh start in the New Year, you may be thinking about how you can look and feel your best in 2022. Non-surgical injectable treatments such as Botox®, Juvederm®, Sculptra® and Dysport® offer nearly immediate and noticeable results and are a quick and safe way to provide you with a more youthful look.
The most important decision you need to make is who will perform your injectable, regardless of the treatment that is right for you. Injectable treatments are not one size fits all and a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist has advanced medical training to:
- Confirm that you are an ideal candidate for a treatment based on your medical history,
- Determine which treatment is right for you based on your desired results and create a detailed treatment plan,
- Access product from a reputable and safe source,
- Select the right amount of product for the treatment,
- Place the product in the best areas for a natural and balanced aesthetic,
- And, although rare, manage any issues during or after an injection.
Other considerations to keep in mind include:
- Environment. These procedures should be administered in a clean medical office where strict safety protocols govern handwashing, glove use, and syringe safety. Home environments are potentially unsanitary, exposing you to bacteria that may cause infection.
- Price versus value. Injectable treatments often require regular maintenance. Choosing a plastic surgeon or dermatologist will allow you to build a lasting relationship to evaluate goals and adjust treatment plans to get the most out of your cosmetic investment.
To schedule a consultation to find the best solution for your cosmetic goals, call Mount Nittany Physician Group Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery at 814.231.7878 or visit cosmetic.mountnittany.org.