Complements Eight tips to protect your skin while wearing a face mask
Let’s talk about the new accessory everyone is rocking: the face mask. Face masks are essential to protect you and others against the spread of COVID-19. They may also irritate your skin because masks can trap sweat, oil, moisture, and dirt. You may be experiencing dry skin, redness, irritation, and breakouts from your mask. Here are some tips to protect your skin while wearing a face mask.
- Choose a mask made with two layers of breathable material, such as cotton.
- Wash your mask regularly, ideally washing it after each time you wear the mask. Avoid wearing makeup. If you wish to wear makeup, use a mineral makeup.
- Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser and apply a moisturizer twice a day.
- If you are experiencing dry patches of skin, apply a thin amount of a barrier repair cream to the area affected.
- Avoid products that will not clog your pores. Look for, non-comedogenic products, which means it will not clog your pores
- If you are experiencing breakouts, spot treat the area with a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid product.
- Schedule regular facial treatments to help soothe and calm your skin.
If you need help with creating a skin care routine or finding the right products for your skin type, schedule a consultation with me by calling 814.231.7878.