Complements At-home skin care during social distancing
Daily schedules may look a lot different for many of us as we stay at home and practice social distancing. However, it is important to stick to routines as much as possible, including your skin care routine. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Continue your normal daily routine whether you are staying at home during this time or still traveling to work. Before you start your skin care routine, remember to wash your hands first before washing and applying products to your face. With all of the increased handwashing, be sure not to neglect your hands at this time and add a rich hand cream to your routine.
- Try a DIY at-home facial steaming during this increased time at home. Steaming opens up your pores to release bacteria and dead skin cells, promotes circulation to give your skin a glow, hydrates, promotes collagen and elastin and, most of all, is calming. There are two ways you can give yourself a facial steaming at home:
- Take a warm, wet towel and drape it over your face for five minutes or
- Bring water to a boil, then transfer the water to a sink or bowl. Lean over the skin or bowl with a towel draped over your head for five to ten minutes.
- Most importantly during this time, eat right, get rest and manage your stress as much as possible.